Typically, when dealing with most business services, you are tied down with monthly service fees that you are forced to pay if you want to continue to use their services regardless of how often you use it, but the brains behind FaxIt Nice threw away that archaic business concept and let their customers pay for only the services they want to use. For those who work with a variety of file types, FaxIt Nice gives you the ability to send MS Office, PDF, TIFF, OpenOffice v2.3, RTF, HTML and plain text file types as faxes to any internet fax or standard fax number of your choice.
In addition to web-based faxing and email attachment forms of sending an internet fax, they've expanded their domain to let users download a free and easy to use Windows desktop application called Faxtastic. This program allows the user to send and receive faxes straight from their desktop, and also provides a way to securely purchase extra FaxIt Nice fax credit secured by a Secured Socket Layer (SSL) connection. Although there are other Windows desktop applications that enable the use of FaxIt Nice services, Faxtastic is the only one officially approved by FaxIt Nice to handle secure credit card transactions from the fax application itself.
Whether you are the type of customer who wants to convert a few faxes into emails and does not want to be hassled with signing up for a structured service, or you are the type who needs to do a lot on a budget, FaxIt Nice can satisfy any needs with three available plan types: FaxIt Once, Sending Only and Sending and Receiving.
- FaxIt Once: Fax up to 10 pages within Canada & the United States for $4.99. Just select which country you want to send it to, type in the fax number, and what file you want to send to the number. Then, select your payment type (PayPal or credit card), and you are good to go. No sign up is needed.
- Sending Only: You have the option of buying FaxIt Credit in increments of $20 that never expire, which are used towards faxes sent and received on an $0.18 pay-per-page basis within North America. FaxIt Nice also offers low international rates, no setup fee, and no additional monthly fee- you only pay for what you use.
- Sending and Receiving:In this plan, you will get your own toll free fax number, you are given a set number of free faxes depending on the plan you choose, you are guaranteed secure delivery and storage of your fax, and there are three plans to choose from that let you decide how little or how much of this monthly service you wish to use: The Prepaid Basic, Prepaid Premium and FaxIt Elite.
- The Prepaid Basic package is $5.99 per month. It comes with 50 free fax pages sent or received per month and a low 15-cent fee per extra fax page. FaxIt Nice will automatically add $20 to your account from the authorized payment method if the balance drops below $5.
- The Prepaid Premium package is $9.99 per month. It comes with 350 free pages per month, a low 10-cent fee per extra page, FaxIt Nice will automatically add $20 to your account if it drops below $5, and there is no setup fee.
- The FaxIt Elite package is $29.99 per month. It comes with 1100 pages per month, a low 10-cent fee per extra page, and there is no setup fee.
- A 30 day evaluation period
- Unique junk fax blocking capabilities
- Received faxes are forwarded to you via email in PDF format
- Send faxes from unlimited email addresses
- Authorize a whole domain to send faxes
- Distribute received faxes to unlimited email addresses
- Securely send and receive faxes via SSL
- Free fax archiving for 1 month
- A fax number that is never busy
- Send and receive unlimited faxes at the same time
After signing up for a service and logging in, the interface is extremely simple to navigate around and works similar to a regular email account. We opted for the Prepaid Basic package for our test. You have the choice of going to your Inbox, where your incoming faxes are stored, your Outbox, where your sent faxes are stored, or your Junk box, where all of the reported Junk mail gets stored.
Both your inbox and outbox list your received and sent faxes by date, showing you the fax number it was received from or sent to, the number of pages, and an option to delete the fax from the box itself. Your inbox also has the option to download the fax again to your computer or to mark and report the fax as junk to be reviewed by FaxIt Nice staff for credit. The Outbox gives you detailed information about the status of your orders if you click on the order number, where you can see exactly when the fax was sent, the number of attempts it took to send (it will retry up to three times), and the details of the fax itself.
You can also send a fax to anywhere around the world with the ease of using simple point-and-click text boxes and the dropdown interface. It also tells you what your fax number is, what your FaxIt Credit balance is and how many free pages you have left. All of this information is conveniently located on one page.
Sending a Fax
In order to send a fax, you must be logged in. Once you are logged in, the "Send A Fax" option will be to the right of the screen. You can either send your fax to a new recipient or to an existing one. If you are going to send it to an existing one, then you'll click on the "To" dropdown box and select the recipient of your choice that you had saved to your address book in the past. Once done, you can type in the name of the fax in the "subject" text box and put in any additional comments for the cover page in the "comments" text box. Then select your file, and check in the boxes whether you want to FaxIt Quick (which skips the confirmation and preview pages) or disable the cover page.
If you are sending a fax to a new recipient, select "- New Recipient -" in the "To" box. Next, select the country that you want to send your fax to in the "Country receiving the fax" dropdown menu, type in the fax number that you want to send it to in the "Fax number" box. Finally, select the file that you want to send by pressing the "Browse" button.
Once your have placed your order, a confirmation page will appear (unless you disabled it by checking the FaxIt Quick option) and you will be able to download the fax before it is sent. You will also be given a detailed breakdown of any fees that will be debited from your account.
Finally, faxes can of course be easily sent via email by sending the fax as an attachment to [faxnumber]@faxitnice.com. The text you enter as the Subject of the email will become the header for the fax, and the body will become the comments on the cover letter. FaxIt Nice supports an unlimited number of attachments to be sent, as long as the total amount of pages doesn't exceed 100. Once sent, you will receive a detailed confirmation emailed back notifying you of the results.
The account center tab is the one place you can use to change everything that pertains to your account.
The "personal info" box in the upper left hand box lets you change the account holder's name, the company name, the phone and fax number (for the profile, not the service fax number) and the account holder's email address.
The "sending preferences" option in the upper middle box lets you change the default behavior of the account. You can check the Prefer Faxit Quick to skip previewing the fax and asking about the information on the cover page, and/or check the disable automatic cover page to do just that. You can also enter the list of email addresses that are authorized to send faxes from your number and even authorize an entire domain, which is useful for larger businesses that have email accounts under their own domain.
The "receiving preferences" in the upper right box lets you establish which email addresses should receive copies of incoming faxes sent to your fax number. It also lets you set your CSID (or Fax ID) which is the name that your fax number identifies itself as (usually the company or department name).
The "purchase FaxIt Credit" option in the middle right box allows you to purchase as little or as much credit as you need, and if you purchase $30 or more in credit, additional credit is added to your account for free. For instance, if you buy $30 in credit, you will receive a bonus of $2.25 for free. You can use either a PayPal account or credit card to purchase the FaxIt Credit.
The "FaxIt Transaction" option in the center box keeps track of your transaction and credit history.
The "view billing information" in the middle right box lets you do as the box states. If you are using a PayPal account as your funding source, this page will simply state that.
The "change billing information" option lets you update the street address, city, state and zip code for your billing address. If you are using a credit card, then you can update the first and last name, the credit card name, the expiration date and the card's verification code.
The "change password" option in the bottom middle gives you the option of changing your current password to a new one by entering your old password first. Then, underneath it, type in your new password underneath the two boxes labeled "New password" and "Repeat Password."
Underneath the eight options, you may choose to stop receiving faxes by entering your password and/or tell a friend about FaxIt Nice services. If they sign up for the services and put you as the person who notified them about FaxIt Nice, then you'll receive a 10% bonus in FaxIt-credit applied to your account.
FaxIt Nice offers an extensive FAQ that is filled with 25 of the most common asked questions. If that doesn't help, they offer a live support hotline in which operators are standing by during regular business hours. There is also an easy to use support ticket system that is a direct link to their support desk and can provide a log of all your communications with the company through open and closed ticket tracking.